Tuesday, December 26, 2006

New Years Resolution

They always say to write your goals down so that you'll actually do them. So my goal this year is to be 210 lbs. Fat? Well, I am 6' 6". My pants have the same waist size as pant-length. But they're getting a little bit tight, and I could stand to lose a few (well, twenty) pounds or so. Here are the steps I'll take:
1. Only eat at meal times (no snacks). I'll have to stop buying snack food (brownie mixes, candy, etc.) Tough, but necessary.
2. Pack my own lunches in to work. The cafeteria food is decent and dirt cheap ($2), but I've washed dishes in a cafeteria before, and, for the most part, the food is not particularly healthy. A packed whole-wheat sandwich and a piece of fruit will be much better.

Besides fitting into my clothes better, a diet will help me feel better, both physically and emotionally. My father has heart problems, so I've probably inherited them, and less weight will make them less severe (although my dad's not heavy, and he still has problems). It will also get my mother off my back. I'll save a bit of money (enough to buy maybe a CD a month). And hey, I might even be more attractive to the ladies (although it won't do nearly as much as confidence and exercise).

No comments: