Monday, September 03, 2007

Edited movies

So, contrary to common belief, Clean Flicks is not out of business. How do I know this? There's one just a few blocks from our apartment. So we went over there, got a free membership, and got "Children of Men". The Masked Mallard had shown me the preview, and it was definitely a movie I wanted to see. Darker and more intense than I expected, but it also included bright rays of hope. And they played King Crimson! The first progressive rock band, the pioneers of the genre, entirely ignored by American radio, and they played a fairly long segment of "In the Court of the Crimson King". Awesome.
Later I watched "Terminator" (number one) and "The Manchurian Candidate." Both good movies. I had mono and April had her internship (so I was home alone, bored).
If you're ever in Idaho Falls, come stop by...and make a stop by Clean Flicks. Some good stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still haven't been able to check that movie out myself. Glad you liked it, I'll have to head for the local Clean Flicks (I know there's at least one in Provo).

Unknown said...

I'll take this opportunity to put a plug in for the ClearPlay DVD player, which does filtering on the fly (you download filters from their website). We've got one, and we love it, especially since you can customize what is/isn't filtered. Also, you can filter movies that just have "that one part," which are hard to justify paying for a Clean Flicks copy of.

$50 at Target.