Monday, January 18, 2010

Awesome

Trans-Siberian Orchestra is finally doing a non-Christmas tour, featuring Beethoven's Last Night in its entirety (plus other stuff during the second half). Their first stop will be in Cincinnati--on March 25, my 30th birthday.
As far as I know, that show is TSO's very first non-Christmas show. And I'm going to make sure I'm there.
Talk about a cool birthday gift.
Savatage is gone, and I'll never be able to see them in concert, but a non-Christmas TSO concert--it'll be the next best thing. Most of Savatage will be there (unfortunately, I'm not sure about Jon Oliva or Zak Stevens). And having to travel just five miles to see them (a whole 3 blocks if I'm walking there from work)--let's just say that I've never been more excited about a concert. Never.
If you're a fan, March 25 would be a perfect time to come visit...

5 comments:

Katrina said...

That IS awesome; I'll have to check it out too!

Brentwell said...

I'm excited for you!

Tim said...

Katrina,
It promises to be quite a rock concert. You'll probably want to listen to more of their non-Christmas music before you spend big money on tickets. I love the sound, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Katrina said...

Oh, okay. Will April go with you then, or will you have to go by yourself?

April said...

April might come--but she wants to listen to the music first, and the fact that it's my birthday is a factor.