Wednesday, June 14, 2006

High Hopes

She has this smile
A bit of fire
Independent dame
Rebel yet a saint
If only we had a common touch
Something to connect the two of us.

High hopes
I had high hopes
High hopes it would work out this time
High hopes that she would match my style
High hopes
I had high hopes

Her blue eyes, the way her hair curls
She seemed like the perfect girl
But when it comes right down to it
We're worlds apart
Our interest just don't coincide
Her life is just too far from mine
High hopes
I had high hopes

Perhaps my hopes were a bit too high
Perhaps I paid too much attention to those eyes
Those beautiful blue eyes
High hopes
I still have high hopes

But this might be my hope's last chance
Because it's tough to have high hopes dashed
So many times...

High hopes
Still have high hopes.

No comments: