Saturday, April 19, 2008

Law School Updates

So, last night we got a call from Lewis and Clark in Portland. They've accepted me. They're a good school (although they're not as highly ranked as University of Utah or Cincinnati). Tuition is comparable to Cincinnati (they're a private school, but they're offering me a bit of a scholarship), and the location (Oregon) is one of our top picks. Plus they're one of the best (if not the best) school for environmental law.
So there is a good chance I'll be heading that way (and we won't be too far from the Woods).
I have to make a $300 non-refundable deposit by May 2nd, but we won't decide 100% until June...we'll wait to see what other offers come our way, and see if the U of U takes me off the waitlist.
In a way, I'd rather go to Portland. It's a lot more expensive than Utah, and it's further from our families, but I think Oregon would be a great place to live and raise a family.

1 comment:

Woodine said...

Yay - that's exciting!! Have you been there? Oregon is beautiful! Either way, U of U or Portland would be great (I know you're still waiting to hear from the U.)