Friday, October 16, 2009

TV shows

A while back I posted on shows on Hulu. I've recently watched a little bit of three more shows:
1. Bones: OK. Reconstructing dead people is OK, I guess, but it kind of gets old after the second or third time. Decent show, but not worth my time.
2. Fringe. I had high hopes for this one, but it's all pseudo-science and no science. X-Files had the rational Scully to contrast with Mulder. Fringe is all Mulder, and somehow he's always right. The plot's interesting, but I can't suspend my disbelief when every single crackpot idea they come up with ends up working.
3. Fast Forward. So far, I like it. Science fiction, pulling two actors from Lost and one from Firefly, with a cool idea and decent characters. We'll see if the characters develop as time goes on. I'll keep watching this one.

I'm also watching Heroes. (I've found myself caring about a couple of the characters, even if the show has dropped a bit in quality. And I figure that Lost had its poor moments, but managed to recover, so maybe Heroes will too).
Looking forward to the last season of Lost.
Want to watch Joss Whedon's Dollhouse, but I'm not willing to pay money for it, so that one might have to wait until Hulu offers the first season, or until I can get my hands on it some other way.

3 comments:

Jay said...

Yeah, Fast Forward is maybe going to be all right. I'm liking it well enough so far.

I've not seen any Heroes since Season 2, and will maybe give it a try again sometime, but I'm not especially hopeful. I liked Season 1 for the most part, though the finale wasn't the strongest.

I watched the first season of Dollhouse as it came out, and it's pretty good. It's a short season (about 12-13 episodes). There's some pretty great moments, though. Haven't seen any of Season 2.

I'm still looking forward to Lost Season 5 on DVD in a month and a half, and am actually planning to watch Season 6 as it comes out. It'll be the first time I have to deal with the cliffhanger at the end of every episode.

Tim said...

Wow. Great minds think alike.
:)
Need to find that Dollhouse.
That, and the last few seasons of Buffy.
Also enjoying Invasion. Just one season, but much better than I expected. And I picked it up cheap. I remember watching a couple of episodes of it elsewhere--maybe Bill watched the series?

Cougarg said...

Wait, is Invasion the one set in Miami, FL? I wanted to like it, but I felt like they were trying too hard. Amber and I have been watching FLASHForward and have been liking it. At least, I like the mystery portion of it. The love triangle between the FBI agent, his wife, and her patient's father is not the strong point of the series. I've got the beginning of a theory now that I've seen the latest episode, but wonder how it'll play out.

I haven't seen Dollhouse yet.

My mom really likes Fringe, but I wasn't drawn to it immediately, so maybe I'll see it at some point.

And I too am looking forward to LOST season 6.