Thursday, November 17, 2011

Old Bishopric

Saw this article and it reminded me of my coolest bishopric ever.

I first attended this singles ward in the summer of 2002. I was there for just six or seven weeks in 2002, and my records were never officially there. The bishop (this guy) was good friends with my uncle, and definitely goes down as one of my favorite bishops. The younger counselor, David Holland (although we called him Duff) was a graduate student and hung out with us like he was just another student. The other counselor I won't bother naming, but let's just say he played some mean football back in the day. He's also the most famous person who's ever introduced himself to me (and in fact the most famous person I've ever met).

When I returned the summer of 2003, and stayed for 8 months, Mr. Football had just been released, but Duff and Bishop Stevens were still there. I got to spend some quality time around both of them, and they both made a big impression on me.

In any case, it's good to see old friends doing well for themselves.

No comments: